August 03, 2011

My Fashion Books Collection


S
o over the past 2 years I started reading and collecting some of the most influential, powerful and significant Fashion books, for me investing in a book to know more about the designers is more important in investing to get the latest collection shirt or shoes , well I don’t usually read much of books but when It holds the story of one of my favourite designers covering almost everything in their lives  I can’t control myself until I finish every single page. And below I posted some of the books I collected (not much I have 5 books until now) with a brief explanation of the content. And last week I was glad to add one of the books I always wanted to have since it was out the 6oth anniversary Dior Book I’m still in the first few pages but what I can tell it’s just amazing!!  


On the occasion of its 60th anniversary, the House of Dior presents a monumental recounting of its history, imparted through its exceptional legacy: 150 of its most beautiful dresses. This magnificent 400-page book unveils beautiful Haute Couture dresses, captured with original photography and unique, insightful text which serve to annotate the influence of Chrisitan Dior and his successors, Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, Gianfranco Ferré, and John Galliano. The book also includes press reviews and photographs of celebrity models, from Suzy Parker to Kate Moss, each immortalized in Dior attire by renowned fashion photographers like Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, and Nick Knight.



Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty "I got this on my birthday last June and was my best gift"  Focusing on the most iconic and acclaimed designs of his prolific career, this stunning book examines McQueen's inimitable technical virtuosity and its subversion of traditional tailoring and dressmaking practices. ,

In this book you will find Louis Vuitton’s important collaborations with an elite group of artists, architects, designers, and photographers, such as Jun Aoki, Shigeru Ban, Vanessa Beecroft, Olafur Eliasson, Zaha Hadid, David LaChapelle, Jean Larivière, Annie Leibovitz, and more…


 
Yves Saint Laurent: Icons of Fashion Design, acclaimed by the critics as an "intoxicating book" remains the most attractive homage to the uncrowned king of haute couture. Pictures taken by the world's leading fashion photographers trace the success of Saint Laurent's designs, which, since conquering the fashion world five decades ago, have caused sensation after sensation each year. The book also constitutes
a high-quality review of fashion photography over a period of forty years, collecting 135 YSL dresses in images created by fashion photography's greatest 20th century heroes.

 
well this was my first fashion book I got and the information it holds is priceless !! A must-read for anybody interested in fashion. From aspiring designers, stylists, editors, and photographers to fashion obsessives who wants behind the- scenes secrets about industry stars and tips on how to live a creative life.


Smiley face